How to say wheat in Japanese

The Japanese word for wheat.
The Japanese word for wheat.

The word for wheat in Japanese is komugi (小麦) and a wheat field is komugibata (小麦畑). Find more Japanese translations for words related to wheat in the following section. – The Fastest Way to Learn Japanese Guaranteed

Learn Japanese with

Interesting facts about wheat in Japan

Seafood and rice are the most dominant parts of the Japanese diet, however, wheat also plays an important role. Japan cultivates wheat domestically and the crop is primarily grown in Kanto, Kyushu and Hokkaido. That which Japan does grow only fulfills 10% of Japan’s needs and the other 90% is imported – mostly from the US.

Related Content